CKR SCCA Board meeting, January 5, 2017 6PM.
Attendees: Don Morgan, Anthony Pistilli, Justin Harbour, Doug Simcox, George and Dee Schweikle, Jeremy Porter, Bob Arnold, Jared Byrd, Zach Jones
- Bob – sponsorship check came in from Gates, overall revenue up $1000 from prior year
- Attendance was about the same (down about 32 total), but overall expenses were a bit lower.
- Discussion about axware, generator
- Don M. motioned to accept, Justin H. seconded, approved.
- Purchase a wifi/mifi puck for event computers (Bob A.) – Open
- Monitor for announce client (Bob A.) – open
- Trailer organization to be scheduled (Don M.), should ask Gary Crow if he’d be chief of trailer organization.
How to organize a solo event:
- Checklists, Laura H. nominated. On-hold to February board meeting
- G. Schweikle mentioned that the Boreen’s would be willing to have a live meeting on Thursday January 26 with CKR members to discuss region development. George will schedule. Zach to organize an agenda Google Doc.
- Justin to check with Laura on status of our schedule vs. KYR (and other possible regions like Cincy, ETR, or TN);
- SCCA national convention: plans are set.
- Trophies: Don Morgan, trophies are set, will pick them up.
- Event Trophies: discussed points system for merchandise as event trophies, we need to check on supply of trophy glasses and make a decision from there.
- Divisional meeting: everyone seemed to like
- Brady failed
- Confirmed January 14 at Legends, thanks to Don Morgan, Bob sent deposit, insurance taken care of.
- Bob mentioned that we need someone to take care of registration.
- CKR SCCA to donate a NT/MT/Pro Solo entry and a Nats entry. Need more detail, George to verify.
- Justin to figure out how to take credit cards at the banquet.
- Don to check on special trophies for National champions.
- Selecting a charity for the awards banquet: New Shriner’s hospital
- Doug to make order of events.
- No major purchases on the docket that needs membership approval.
Positions and nominations that remain open
- Dee has provided information to Laura; we may want to advertise it at the banquet.
- Action steps
- Need to discuss work refusals
- Discuss job duty descriptions (need to determine if it’s on the CKR website).
- Membership: how to work solo rookies to become solo veterans.
- Membership: Sawyer’s advertising worked well, need to think of more things like that.
- Need to discuss food truck again.
- Scheduled Feb 2.
- Axware training and SSS training.
- Meeting adjourned.