CKR SCCA Board meeting, May 11, 2017 6PM.
Attendees: Brady Williams, Doug Simcox, Zach Jones, Michael Snowden, Matthew Jacobs, Justin Harbour, Laura Harbour, Bob Arnold, Don Morgan, Jessie and Alex.
- Call to order
Review and approval of April meeting minutes
- Brady motioned to approve, Bob seconded. Approved.
- Review: All the trophies are Winner, not sure if we’re returning or keeping.
- Savings stays the same, the extra money in checking will create a $10k savings bond. Motioned my Justin, seconded by Don.
- Generators. Doug wants to get a sponsor to help offset generator costs.
- Does Midas have plans to buy a champion trophy?
- We need to make certain the plaques are labeled correctly.
- Registration Cash Out Procedure and Training. Need to be certain people know that there’s a checklist inside the money bag, it’s really helpful for Bob if it’s filled out.
- Don motions, Brady seconds. Approved.
- Action step review (need to carry action steps forward):
New Action Steps
Certainly need a class on AxWare for worker assignments.
- Have registration ask for worker preference. Don will help out this weekend. Don wants to recruit new people.
- Attempt to add worker preference into registration on MAE.
- Certainly need a class on AxWare for worker assignments.
Site Acquisition Team
- Does George need additional help? Don suggested he could.
- Additional End of Event training is needed to finalize results and get printed to facilitate faster trailer loading.
- Don motioned to do annual tech and purchase sticker, Zach seconds. Approved.
- Red State dates are: April 9th, May 28th, July 30th, Aug 20th, and October 1st
- Doug will bring food for everyone.
- Action Step Review
- EKU could be a good location for an Autocross + Car Show
- VA is having a car show coming up that we should attempt to attend. Need to table to later, maybe November.
Midas Gold Cone Series Review
- Need to get last event and this coming event awards prior to this event.
- Car Show
- Action Step Review.
- New Business – Michael S. to discuss with Cindy about novice retention.
- Tire Rack Street Survival – Need to plan for 2018.
- Charity: Second EKU event in July will be a charity event for an undetermined charity. Don motions to define a charity event as July 16 event, details to be worked out at next meeting after Bob had a chance to discuss Fallen Police officers. Doug seconds.
- SCCA foundation.
- Bob motions, everybody seconds. Meeting adjourned.
- Next board meeting is June 1st 2017.