September 2017 Meeting Minutes
September 2017 Meeting Minutes

CKR SCCA Board meeting, September 7, 2017 6PM.

 

Attendees: Brady Williams, Zach Jones, Anthony Pistilli, Jared Byrd, Doug Simcox, Scott Snowden, Don Morgan, Jesse Byrd

 

  1. Call to order by Zach Jones

  2. Review and approval of July meeting minutes.

    1. George is lead on his action items with assistance from Don.

    2. Adjust Michael Teater to Michael Teator

    3. Don Morgan motioned to approve, Brady seconds. Approved.

  3. Financials

    1. Review.

    2. Jared motioned to approve the financials, Brady seconds.  Approved.

  4. Operations:

    1. Action Step Review

      1. Contact  the Neighborhood association George.  Ask to conduct a one day event.

        • George was not present for the meeting.  This action item will remain open

      2. Contact UK SAE solar and engineering team.

        • Doug has a meeting with them on Monday.   They reached out and asked about testing their car with 1 car and 2 drivers.

      3. Bob Arnold will contact David Patrick and Tim Ray about the Co-Solo Chair position

        • Bob has contacted David and Tim.  Still an interest from the two individuals.

        • Bob will continue to follow up.

      4. Bob Arnold will pick up supplies for trailer.  White duct tape.

        • Bob was not at the meeting to verify this.  This action item will remain open.

      5. Brady Williams to talk with Michael Teater to get class points calculated for events 6 and 7.

        • This was completed.  Not yet posted. Needs Review

      6. Anthony Pistilli will work on getting a document together for the Trailer.

        • Anthony was not at the meeting.  This action item will remain open.

      7. Brady will look at Remote Desktop / VPN client for announcer to allow the announcer to work remotely.

        • This is still an open action item

      8. Bob Arnold will add Doug Simcox will be added to PayPal account, Michael Teater removed.

        • Bob was not at the meeting to verify that this has been taken care of.  The action item will remain open.

    2. Discussion of Operations and Checklist for solo events

      1. Action Item - Document and Training for the various trailer positions

      2. Action Item - Continue to discuss the entire process registration, timing and scoring, etc.

    3. Discussion of Event Chairs.  

      1. To ensure the rest of the season is as successful as the first part we will be making use of the Event Chair position.

        • Oct 1 - Zach Jones

        • Oct 8 - Bob Arnold and Doug Simcox

    4. Jeremy brought up truck rental and the cost and time that is required to get the truck.  Action step Review insurance and individual insurance.  To use personal vehicle.  Will need to determine amount paid to individual.  Zach reach out to louisville to see their process for individuals towing with personal vehicles.

    5. Banquet planning Don is Chair.

      1. At or before next meeting Don will circulate needs and possible venues

      2. Make a list for positions.

      3. Discuss with Bob about cost

      4. Potential Dates

  5. Promotions and Sponsorships

    1. Action Step Review

      1. Doug is still communicating with the PR specialist.

    2. Discuss Social Media Chair Position

      1. Jeremy will contact Zoe Mays about being the Social Media Chair.

  6. Membership:

    1. Action Step Review

      1. none

    2. Action Step: Michael Snowden and Matthew Jacobs.  Still need to schedule meeting to determine membership actions.

    3. Board Positions -

      1. Action Item - Board Member nomination communication

      2. Action Item - Jeremy to discuss Board and Chief positions at next drivers meeting.

  7. Action Items

    1. New Items

      1. Not Assigned - Create documents and discuss training for the various positions in the trailer.

      2. Not Assigned - Continue to discuss the entire registration, timing and scoring, etc process.

      3. Zach - Reach out to KYSCCA region and ask about their process for allowing individuals to tow the trailer with a personal vehicle.

      4. Don Morgan - Locate possible venues for the banquet

      5. Michael Snowden and Matthew Jacobs will schedule meeting to determine membership actions.

      6. Not Assigned - Board Member nomination communication

      7. Jeremy Porter - Reminder to discuss Board and Chief positions at next drivers meeting.

    2. Old Items

      1. Bob Arnold will will follow-up with David Patrick and Tim Ray about the Co-Solo Chair position

      2. Bob Arnold will pick up supplies for trailer.  White duct tape.  

      3. Anthony Pistilli will work on getting a document together for the Trailer.

      4. Brady will look at Remote Desktop / VPN client for announcer to allow the announcer to work remotely.

      5. Bob Arnold will add Doug Simcox will be added to PayPal account, Michael Teater removed

  8. Adjourn:

    1. Motion to adjourn by Don, Brady seconds.  Meeting Adjourned.

    2. Next board meeting is Oct 5th 2017.