January 2018 Meeting Minutes
January 2018 Meeting Minutes

CKR SCCA Board meeting, January 4, 2018 6:12PM.


Attendees:, Zach Jones,  Bob Arnold, Scott Snowden, Andrew Buck, Doug Simcox, Dee Schweikle, George Schweikle, Cindy Duncan, Eric Hauck, Jared Byrd, Kyle Gaustchalk, Jess Byrd, Don Morgan


  1. Call to order by Doug Simcox

  2. Review and approval of December meeting minutes.

    • ​​Jared Byrd motioned.  Scott Seconded. Approved.

  3. ​Financials

    • ​​Review

    • Scott Snowden motioned to approve the financials. Zach Jones seconds. Approved.

  4. ​Operations / Solo Events Needs

    • ​​Action Step Review / Old business

      • ​Don Morgan will locate a projector for the Banquet.

        • ​Projector will be provided be venue.

      • ​Zoe will begin work on a slideshow to loop during banquet.

        • ​A club laptop will be provided

      • ​Dee will create a rough draft of the newsletter

        • ​Letter was drafted and sent to board members for review.

      • ​Scott and Zach will look into creating a MotorsportsReg page for online registration and payment.

        • ​Continued Item

      • ​Zach will contact Jim Sawyer about the Holiday Party.

        • ​Jim was contacted and Holiday Party was successful

      • ​Andrew Buck and Cindy Duncan will work on Solo schedule.

        • ​The schedule was completed and will be presented to board for discussion under New Business

    • New Business

      • Banquet

        • 60th Anniversary for the Region.  George has volunteered to find memorabilia to commemorate the event.

      • ​2018 Solo Schedule

        • ​Schedule was drafted and presented to club by Andrew Buck and Cindy Duncan.

        • Contact Sites for dates.

          • ​Andrew Buck will contact Gary and EKU

          • Doug, Bob and Mark will contact the Pad

      • ​Site Acquisition Team

        • ​Proposal to Hamburg was completed and handed to a local representative.

        • A meeting with the UK SAE team occured on January 3, 2018

          • Meeting setup for tomorrow, but only tentative

          • This is still a work in progress more planning and communication will need to occur before things are finalized.

          • Should have a schedule together by the January 11th

      • ​​A March 4th Training/Cleaning was planned.  This will include but not limited to:

        • ​Trailer Cleaning

        • SS Training

        • Timing/Scoring (AxWare) Training

        • Four volunteers have said they  are interested in Timing Training.  Jared, Kyle, Scott, Erik

      • ​Solo - Making 2018 a better year.

        • A Timing Chief will need to be appointed.  We have had issues with running events and it can be traced back to not having a Timing Chief.  No one really knows or has taken the time to learn the timing software and it is apparent in our day-of-event process.

        • Promptly post results.  Competitors and Spectators expect the results to be post promptly and we need to ensure that we do this at the end of each event.

        • Timing a scoring in general.  Having qualified people run the timing and scoring computers makes the day go by so much better.  On several occasions, in 2017, we had to stop an event for a lengthy time to “fix” a timing issues.

        • Doug and Cindy will setup a Dev-Ops meeting

        • Kyle Gaustchalk and Jess Byrd will be co Membership chairs

        • Cindy Duncan will continue to lead the novice chair and will be assisted by Erik and possibly Kyle

        • Doug will have a slate for appointed positions for voting.

  5. Promotions and Sponsorships

    • Action Step Review

    • New Business

      • Erik Hauck volunteered to be a Sponsorship chair

  6. Membership Acitivities

    • Action Step Review

    • New Business

      • Membership will develop a 60th anniversary event.

  7. ​​​Adjourn

    • Motion to adjourn by Don Morgan, Jared Byrd seconds.  Meeting Adjourned.

    • Next board meeting is February 1st 2008