May 2018 Meeting Minutes
May 2018 Meeting Minutes

 

CKR SCCA Board meeting, May 3, 2018 6:00PM.

Attendance: Doug Simcox, Jared Byrd, Scott Snowden, Bob Arnold, Anthony Pistilli, Erik Hauck, Kyle Gottschalk, Cindy Duncan, George Schweikle, Dee Schweikle, Brady Williams

  1. Call to order by Doug Simcox
  2. Review and approval of April meeting minutes
  1. Bob motioned, Doug approved.
  1. Financials
  1. Review
  2. New Business
  1. Bob prepared last 3 event costs to review P&L data for discussion around profitability and registration costs
  2. Received a sponsorship from Toyota South
  3. Bob has invoiced Midas for first portion of sponsorship
  1. Scott motioned, Anthony approved.
  1. Operations / Solo Events
  1. Action Items from previous meetings minutes
  1. George has contact the Stockyards for the June 30th school
  1. George has made contact and awaiting contract, will close when contract is signed.
  1. Scott or Zach will add Zoe Mays to the emailing list – COMPLETE
  2. Need to obtain more banners for crowd control. – COMPLETE
  3. Bob contact Enterprise.  All dates have been verified for the year. – COMPLETE
  4. Bob contact Food Truck
  5. Jared will contact print shop to see about annual stickers – COMPLETE
  6. Zach contact Michael to change weather to Accuweather on site.                
  7. Erik and Kyle to reach out to GoodGuys about having a table at their Autocross event at the Horse Park.  
  1. New action items
  1. Jared to send out PDF copy of annual tech contract to be stored on the timing computer.
  1. New Business
  1. Having issues with access and training to MSR
  2. Need new events chair for upcoming events
  1. May 6 – Cindy Duncan and Anthony Pistilli
  2. May 20 – Bob Arnold and Doug Simcox
  3. June 17 – Jared Byrd and Erick Hauck                        
  1. Need to establish Chief of Grid
  1. Anthony Pistilli will take responsibilities for the May 6 event
  1. Cindy has downloaded Pronto onto 2nd and 3rd timing computers
  2. Would like to setup announcer station outside the trailer, would require an extended display cable
  3. Anthony will investigate wireless speakers to help broadcast announcements better at large event sites like UK.
  4. George identified the sound meter is quite dated and a new one should be investigated
  5. Erik brought up we are having issues keeping people engaged to help tear down and load the trailer
  6. Sound rules discussed, but will remain with what is stated on the website - 94db at 100 feet
  1. Promotions / Sponsorships
  1. Erik and the sponsorship team will be at the next Cars and Coffee event at the Bluegrass Stockyards on May 5, 2018
  2. Having success getting other organization and clubs interest in attending our solo events, namely the local PCA region
  3. Membership Committee meeting to be held on May 10, 2018 at the Cellar – Kyle Gottschalk to arrange
  1. Adjourn
  1. Motion to adjourn by Bob motions, Scott Seconds.  Meeting Adjourned
  2. Next meeting is June 7, 2018.