2013 Gates Novice Challenge Rules
- Applicable to the 2013 CKRSCCA Autocross season only.
Open to all Novice Drivers
- First event within the last 12 months
- Did not win a previous year end championship in any region
- Have not trophied at a national or divisional event
- Have not won a previous Gates challenge
- Open to all makes and models.
- Must be a CKRSCCA member in good standing (or an associate member).
- Participants will accrue points by participating in the points events held during the season.
At the end of each points event, the members driving production cars referenced above will be grouped and have their times adjusted according to the national handicap (pax) index. The point system used will be the same as the CKRSCCA points system:
- Points/Event = 100 - [900 x (entrant's time - top novice time) / top novice time]
- DNF = 20 points
- DSQ = 0 points
- Anyone who completes at least one timed run will receive a minimum of 20 points.
- The competitor's best 5 finishes of the 8 points events will count.
- The member with the highest amount of points at the end of the year will receive 1 year SCCA membership.
- In the event of a tie, the winning name will be drawn randomly.
- In all other disputes, the decision of the Autocross Committee will be final.
Please see our 2013 Solo Supplemental Rules for detailed information on our entire ruleset for the 2013 season.